With the U.S. Open in full swing, you may be itching to serve some of your own aces out on the tennis court. It spin a long time since you’ve been able to watch many live sports, and we get it—you just want to get your game on. Tennis is a great sport to stay socially distanced and enjoy the outdoors, but most of all it’s great because even if you don’t score any points, you’ll still have love! Our region has some incredible courts that could make you feel like you’re on center court at the U.S. Open. Go cause a racquet out there and show them what you’re made of at these six courts in our area:
- LaCrone Park offers a hub of recreation spanning five acres in Kalamazoo’s Northside neighborhood. With its tennis courts. it might as well be called LaSlam Park.
- In Portage, Westfield Park is a local favorite place to get out and volley. Enjoy the beauty of the park and its several other amenities too!
- Outside of the school day and during practices and matches, Portage Northern High School and Portage Central High School have some of the best tennis courts in town. Get out there and feel young again!
- Spring Valley Park is one of Kalamazoo’s largest city parks with over 186 acres. One of the best places to admire wildlife and the natural beauty of the area, it also boasts tennis courts. What a match!
- If you’ve caused a little too much of a racquet at Ramona Park in Portage, you can cool off at the beach on Long Lake after a competitive match.