While some claim that pumpkin season is already here, we’re holding off on celebrating the big orange guy to recognize a small purple friend—the raisin. Today is National Cinnamon Raisin Bread day, and what better time to indulge in a slice of sweet and healthy (raisins are a fruit!) goodness than today! Check out some local places that are rolling out the dough and raisin’ a slice to the small, sun-baked buddy in the form of bread, cookies, rolls, and more.
- Using recipes that have been passed down for generations, Rykse & Co. in Kalamazoo has a full-fledged scratch bakery offering everything from bread to pies, cakes, and cookies.
- Offering up Dutch sweets like fruit shells and Oliebollen (fried dough with raisins), Boonzaaijer Bakery has been in business since 1961.
- Judged as the third-best bakery in Michigan, Judy Sarkozy started Sarkozy Bakery more than 40 years ago. Among many other delicious treats, we spy raisin bread on the menu!
- Started in a Victorian House built in 1859, Victorian Bakery is dedicated to providing the healthiest baked goods made with locally sourced products.
- Fresh made bread every day, without preservatives, Renzema’s Bakery not only serves up both raisin bread and cinnamon bread, but also donuts, cookies, and other sweet treats.
- While cakes are what Bert’s Bakery does best, they also have a wide selection of baked goods, which includes pastries specialty holiday baking.