Today, on the National Day of Unplugging, we’ve gathered a list of five activity ideas to unplug, relax, and care for yourself away from all technology that can clutter your life and mind. While it may not be easy for everyone to spend a full day away from your phone or computer, we recommend baby steps because every little step to care for yourself can help you become a better parent, leader, neighbor, or friend. Read more about the day of unplugging and explore our activity ideas to recharge. Or, may we recommend not doing anything at all?
- Switch up your walking routine. Choose a new neighborhood for an unplugged walk to switch up your walking route and routine. Try to ditch the podcast and find some time to enjoy the sounds of nature and focusing on the new scenes. If you’re looking for a trail to put some distance between you and your electronics, we’ve got a few for you.
- Dive into a new book. Fiction or nonfiction, it could be a way to let your mind escape or learn about something new. Visit your local library and stroll through different sections or visit this is a bookstore and Bookbug to support a local business and find a good read all in one trip.
- Try a yoga class. Kalamazoo has many excellent yoga studios that offer classes at all levels. Taking some time to move and focus on your breath can do wonders for your well-being.
- Picnic it. Pack a picnic lunch or pick up takeout at your favorite local restaurant and find a park to enjoy your meal at. If you’re a social butterfly and find yourself missing scrolling through Instagram, invite a friend along!
- Tackle a project, big or small. Do you have a cluttered room in your house that you’ve been avoiding? Or have you been wanting to tackle that big DIY Pinterest project? Put down your phone, head to your local hardware store, and get to work! You’ll be amazed at how much you can accomplish in just one day.