With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching this Sunday, we’ve gathered some of the top date ideas in the area so that you’re guaranteed to have a good valen-time. Check out our list and add your own dash of love to make it extra special:
- If you’re hoping to get physical, hike on over to Asylum Lake Preserve for a gorgeous, snowy walk through the romantic setting of the 274-acre preserve. And if your love isn’t enough to keep you warm, stop at Water Street Coffee on your way to grab a delicious hot cup of coffee or cocoa.
- We get it, you may not want to go outside. Luckily, there are plenty of fun activities that you can do from home, including making your own candles. The Kalamazoo Candle Company has DIY candle making kits for you and your Valentine to make two of your very own Kalamazoo Candles. Pro tip: light your candles to make it even more romantic.
- For the foodies: Why not try out a new restaurant and make it a date night out? Explore many dining options, both indoors and outdoors, at Bird Dog in Mattawan, Texas Corners Brewing Company, Old Burdick’s downtown Kalamazoo, The Cove Lakeside Bistro, Latitude 42 Brewing Company, or BOLD. Bet you’ve never celebrated Valentine’s Day in an igloo before!
- St. Julian Winery in Paw Paw is open for indoor tastings! Head out to the winery to try out their selection and find your favorite one to take home and pair with a homemade meal. Your Valentine will definitely be saying, “will you be wine?” with this date idea.
- Find a fun winter activity to explore the beautiful outdoors in our region and perhaps learn a new skill. Check out this list of ideas for winter thrills and spills, including skiing, snowshoeing, and more.