Whether you’re missing Aunt Em, Uncle Henry, or your own loved ones, social distancing can make it challenging to stay in touch with everyone. While we don’t recommend you host a backyard get-together right now, we do have some other suggestions on how you can spread some joy to your loved ones. Make someone in your family feel extra special today and show some love during National Celebrate Your Relatives Day.
- Turn your video chats into a game with this Relatives Scavenger Hunt. The first person to have Auntie Em say she misses them wins!
- While there’s nothing quite like having Grandma read the kids a book in person, she can still flip the pages to send them off to bed virtually. Here are 100 recommendations.
- Dig out those family recipes and learn from the experts by setting up a live cooking demo! Whether it’s an old cookie recipe or a new one, bake up a storm together.
- Spring is here which means yard work is too! Grab your mower, rakes, and shovels and head over to a relative’s yard to help out.
- Join the drive-by craze and give a wave, beep, and shout. It’s not quite a balloon ride but will make an impression.
- Get those bodies moving and grooving by planning a family workout session. While you can’t compete with your cousin Jenny’s finsta, you can steal some of her sweet moves.
- Workouts not your thing? Get those dice rolling in a family game night! Go old-school with Monopoly and Battleship or take it to the virtual level with Jackbox.
- Greeting cards are making a comeback. Support your local shops and embrace the good old hand-written note.
- Betty Crocker has nothing on you! Package up those loaves of bread and dozens of cookies taking up your counter space and drop off home-baked goodies to family. And remember, everything displays better in a basket, Dorothy!