We’re dreaming of the dog days of summer. While you can never know what Michigan weather will throw at you, with the days getting longer we don’t think it’s too far-fetched to say that warmer days are ahead. Prepare to take advantage of the nice spring days and plan your trips to dog parks in our area.
- With seven acres of fenced-in park area, Prairie Acres Dog Park has plenty of space for dogs to socialize off-leash. Get your steps in too on the three-acre enclosed walking trail.
- Not only can you explore The Bark Park with your pet, but while you’re at work, you can enroll your four-legged friend for Doggy Day Camp.
- Featuring a separate area for under-25-pound dogs, River Oaks Dog Park is open year-round with plenty of shade for the warmer months.
- Complete with agility equipment, competitive jump training, and 12,000-square-foot swimming pool, Meadow Run Dog Park’s 25-acres has it all.
- With membership fees dissolved in 2019, Fairmount Dog Park offers 12 quiet acres to be enjoyed by dogs and their humans alike.
- Another free option when signed up through Paver Pet Supply, The Lincoln Dog Park in Portage is available from 9:00 am to dusk, depending on the season.
- Stroll around South Westnedge Dog Park with your pet on a leash or let them loose in one of the two fenced areas. The park is 100% ADA compliant with no breed restrictions.