If you’re on the hunt for the perfect treat to celebrate today’s holiday, we can assure you that you’re sure to score a hole-in-one kind of donut in our region. Whether you prefer sugar-coated, glazed, or filled, Southwest Michigan has what you’re looking for. Don’t stay glazed and confused, check out a list of our favorite donut shops:
- Groovy, far out, and funkadelic flavors are what you can expect at Peace, Love & Little Donuts. While the small size was originally a mistake, stopping by their shop won’t be!
- Founded in Kalamazoo, Sweetwater’s Donut Mill is recognized as one of the “Best Donuts in America.” But they never forget their hometown and often support fundraisers.
- Family-owned and operated, Louie’s Bakery in Marshall started rolling out donuts in 1952. Known for its nut rolls, Louie’s also offers a variety of baked goods for all occasions.
- Inspired by its friendly community, Red Coach Donuts switched its original name to show Lakeshore Lancer pride. Head in to grab a donut and get sprinkled with hometown spirit.
- Housed in a 1940s gas station, a trip for donuts to Station 66 is a drive back in time where you can experience the simple, friendly atmosphere and delicious fresh donuts.
- Made fresh nightly by hand, picking up baked goods from Renzema’s Bakery means picking up quality.
- If you’re on the hunt for old-fashioned, freshly-baked goodness, The Golden Brown Bakery in South Haven or its sister location in St. Joe is the place to stop.