Southwest Michigan First is seeking an experienced marketing and communications manager to lead its communications and marketing division. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to manage and execute a multitude of strategies across internal and external platforms, ensuring messaging is consistent, engaging, and inspiring.
They will also demonstrate a passion for representing the organization, communities, partners, and customers served. Overall responsibilities are highlighted in the following two categories:
- Establish, lead and execute organizational strategies as a member of the management team
- Define key performance indicators, prepare and execute against annual and three-to-five-year divisional budget
- Possess a strong understanding of data
- Develop and manage strategy for and collection of organizational metrics
- Develop ideas, content, and strategies to build our reputation and brand
- Identify and grow community partnerships
- Manage Organizational Brands Across Multiple Business Units for Consistency and Effectiveness of Mission
- Develop, Lead and Support Multi-Team Internal and External Communications Strategy
- Develop and maintain standards and guidelines for the firm’s image and promotional materials, and for quality management of promotional materials and proposals.
- Provide support, mentorship, and guidance to the marketing and communications team in the performance of their respective marketing functions
- Support the division leaders with the planning, coordination, writing, editing, preparation, and production of direct client submittals, proposals, and other marketing efforts
- Manage Relationships Between Cross-Functional Teams and Suppliers
- Attend community events to enhance profile in the community, build a personal network of connections
- Manage and Support Media Relationships and Requests
- Oversee the development and ongoing production/maintenance of specific marketing materials, including award submittals, client testimonials, eNewsletters, social media, and the website
- Manage and Create Report and Storytelling Delivery, Both Print and Digitally, Including but not limited to Proposal Responses, Media Reports, Data Reports, Press Releases, Presentations, Business Letters, Marketing Materials, Speeches, Invitations, Grants, Videos, and More
- Oversee Creative Content Management, Both Print and Digitally
- Develop, Manage and Support Social Media Strategy
- Understand and Manage Event Execution Timelines, Including Supporting Deliverables
- Demonstrate Strong Technical Ability, Including but not limited to Websites, Project Management Systems, Event Management Systems, Customer Management Systems, and Customer Management Systems
- Stay up-to-date on marketing trends and coach team members on the development and implementation of new marketing techniques.
The minimum essential requirements of the position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Experience managing people and leading a team
- Proven experience in a related field.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Work under pressure and multitask in order to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work with people of varying work styles
Interested? Apply now through Indeed! All applications require:
- Cover Letter
About Southwest Michigan First
Southwest Michigan First is an organization of privately funded economic development advisors who act as the catalyst for economic success in Southwest Michigan. Founded in 1999 on the principle that the greatest force for change is a job, the organization works across all industries throughout the seven counties making up the Southwest Michigan region.
Southwest Michigan First provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Southwest Michigan First complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kalamazoo, MI 49007: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- A cover letter is required for the position
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Marketing: 8 years (Preferred)
- Communications: 8 years (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location