The Vice President of Finance and Administration is responsible for the development of Gryphon Place’s financial management strategy and manages all financial activities. The VP will also develop and implement policies and procedures for both finance and general administration.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Samantha Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax the requested documents to (269) 381-0935
- Contributes to the development of Gryphon Place’s strategic goals and objectives, as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Advises the CEO and Board members on financial planning budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Serves as the finance management liaison to the board; effectively communicates and presents critical financial matters at select Board of Directors and committee meetings.
- Responsible for the daily financial duties of Gryphon Place, including budget setting and AR/AP.
- Updates and implements an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Represents the organization externally in financial matters.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes the annual budget process.
- Provides analytical support to Gryphon Place’s internal management team, including the development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- Manages Gryphon Place’s IT and general administration contracts and requirements.
- Establishes emergency policies and protocols for the office building in conjunction with upper management.
- Improves administrative and operational accounting services such as the retirement plan, grants, payment processing, payroll, accounts payable, and purchasing.
- Mentors and establishes performance and development objectives for direct reports.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business required, a Master’s in Business Administration or Finance preferred. At least five years of experience in a non-profit or business accounting setting, or equivalent years of experience and education.
- CPA preferred
- Experience implementing and executing financial procedures and duties
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively with others
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to confidential matters
- Great organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to easily shift from one task to another
Persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted only on the basis of job-related criteria and without regard to age, color, familial status, gender, gender identification, marital status, national origin, non job-related disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, veterans’ status. EOE