This role will be responsible for governing and managing all activities of the Information Technology Department at First National Bank of Michigan and ensures the effective, efficient design and secure operation of all automated data processing systems, network communications, and technology infrastructure. Please send your resume to the First National Bank of Michigan Human Resources Deparment here.
NOTE: The list of essential functions is not limited. It may be supplemented as necessary from time to time.
- Maintains current knowledge of technology necessary to function in position; continuing education is required, as needed.
- Provides Management of the Information Technology staff. Evaluates assigned staff on an annual basis.
- Establishes annual goals for personnel and reviews their progress at least quarterly.
- Manages adherence to all applicable IT security policies by FNBM staff. Ensures procedures and documentation of the various systems and their related programs and the area of responsibility are properly maintained. Continually analyzes procedures; adds, deletes, or modifies as necessary within the authority.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations (GLBA/OCC/FDIC/FFIEC) affecting department and Bank’s overall IT.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of bank policies/procedures that are necessary for performing job duties, including but not limited to FFIEC, BSA, and OFAC.
- Ensures successful achievement of technology strategies and effectively communicates related information to staff and other stakeholders.
- Ensures documentation of the various systems and their related programs are properly maintained.
- Recommends and implements changes in policies and procedures related to IT.
- Identifies and assesses emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the bank. Positively influences the bank toward new systems and processes.
- Chairs internal IT Committee.
- Oversees ongoing improvements and assesses the feasibility of system enhancements.
- Defines, evaluates, and makes recommendations on computer hardware/software needs for the entire bank.
- Reviews and monitors system capabilities and the user department need to design effective support programs for specified applications. Consults with managers on the effective use of technology in support of their process improvement objectives.
- Reports project status and deviations from goals to the CFO. Informs the CFO of any system problems which may interfere with the normal operation of the organization.
- Prepares enterprise objectives and budgets to facilitate the orderly and efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of information.
- Reviews reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunctions, and maintenance to ascertain and plan department operating changes.
- Works with and advises the Senior Leadership team to develop and implement the overall
- Information Technology strategies for the bank in support of overall business goals and objectives
- Works with the Senior Leadership team to review and negotiate major contracts for computing and information technology services and equipment. Proactively manage vendor relationships to ensure service levels and compliance with contract terms.
- Manages IT vendor relationships to ensure resiliency and security while seeking opportunities to transfer appropriate IT functions to internal processes to reducing third- party reliance and cost. Responsible for the reliability and regular maintenance and operation of the bank’s information systems. Coordinates systems maintenance and repairs with the bank’s vendors.
- Maintains the security of the organization’s Information System operations to include member records, Information Systems site security, and off-site security procedures.
- Troubleshoots, resolves, and diagnoses problems and opportunities to construct solutions regarding hardware issues, software issues, system problems, and security issues.
- Experienced and skilled with project/systems analysis, development, implementation, and maintenance & ensuring consistency and continuity throughout the entire process.
- Top-tier IT certification required (CISM, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Information Systems or related degree required.
- Master’s Degree in Computer\Science or Information Technology Management preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience, with increasing levels of responsibility, that demonstrate interpersonal, technical, and leadership qualities.
- Minimum of five years experience in a technical IT management role with a financial institution.
- Minimum of five years experience in an information security manager/officer role.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, fingers, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 20 lbs. and/or exert force to move up to 50 lbs.
First National Bank of Michigan, is a locally-owned bank in Southwest Michigan. Our commitment to superior service and our community means that you will always have personalized service with professionals whom you can talk to face-to-face. We are privately owned by investors who value commitment to a locally controlled bank that helps the community grow and prosper.
First National Bank of Michigan was not only made in Michigan but also made to serve West Michigan. Together, our staff currently gives back to more than 50 area organizations. We believe a healthy community depends on the positive contributions of its members, and that’s why we encourage collaborations between our bank, organizations, and members of the community.
Working for First National Bank of Michigan means being part of a family-friendly team of professionals dedicated to service within their community. We offer a competitive compensation package and opportunities for professional networking, growth, and advancement.
We look forward to talking with you! Together, We are First.
First National Bank of Michigan is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.