Sylvan Learning Centers of West Michigan is looking for a motivated leader to become a Center Director in the Kalamazoo/Portage/Battle Creek area.
Do you have a healthy blend of education, marketing, sales, and customer-service skills? Do you want to be in a business that helps students succeed and gain confidence? Do you want to be in a position that provides regular training and growth? Sylvan Learning needs you!
Sylvan Learning is the industry leader in providing customized tutoring and enrichment services to improve academic growth for K-12 students. We are looking for a Center Director to help manage the day-to-day operations of our Sylvan Learning Centers. The Center Director is responsible for driving positive experiences with our customers and the success of the center!
The Center Director is responsible for managing the overall customer experience, sales, and local marketing strategies of the Center to achieve performance goals and grow the Center. The Center Director is also responsible for managing the day-to-day Center operations to ensure a consistent, quality educational experience for Sylvan customers while managing costs. The Director ensures that policies and procedures are executed according to Sylvan standards. The Director manages and coaches Center staff and serves as the principle point of contact for the Franchisee. The Director monitors student educational programs, regularly meets with our families, and connects with school teachers to help ensure the application of skills learned in the classroom. The Director also helps manage day-to-day center operations, in-center sales, the hiring of staff and marketing activities to potential clients, schools and the surrounding community. You will be supported by Sylvan Learning and our Executive Director to help reach your goals. We provide regular training to help you grow in the position.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures timely and high-quality personal customer service response to all calls and walk-in inquiries; Ensures calls get answered during business hours
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the Center
- Meets sales and expense financial targets
- Monitors and tracks Center performance, Profit and Loss controls, revenues, expenses, and fee collection; Recommends and implements interventions to improve performance
- Selects, develops, motivates, and monitors Center staff; Conducts regular performance reviews
- Reviews all corporate communication and ensures communications flow to the Center’s staff
- Ensures good instructional management
- Confers with customers at each stage of the customer lifecycle; Directs the sales and service process throughout the customer lifecycle to keep customers enrolled
- Manages marketing and sales activities to drive new enrollments
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with teachers, educational specialists and other school administrators and parent/teacher organizations
- Conducts school visits to establish and maintain relationships with school personnel for partnership and marketing purposes
- Ensures the professional appearance of the Center according to Sylvan standards
- Ensures adherence to established Sylvan operating standards with particular attention to student safety and well-being
- Four year degree required
- A minimum of three years of customer service experience; Retail sales experience preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of teaching experience preferred.
- State or provincial teaching credentials (current or expired)
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other standard business applications used by the Center, including current social media tools
- Experience using Microsoft Word and other standard business applications used by the Center
- Knowledge of general office equipment such as copiers, printers, and office phones
- Experience using social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) preferred
- Familiarity with instructional technology and tablet computers preferred
Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; Outgoing people-oriented approach preferred
- Proven ability to effectively use customer service and consultative sales skills to establish and build relationships
- Proven sales skills with a strong sense of urgency
- Proven ability to supervise, coach, and develop Center staff
- Strong presentation skills for small group opportunities
- Ability to track and interpret business metrics and financial statements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong word processing, data entry, and other administrative skills
- Strong organizational skills; Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in writing; Ability to proofread and edit copy
- Ability to work collaboratively; Strong team player
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds
How to Apply
We are currently hiring a Center Director to help grow our business in the Kalamazoo/Portage area which includes a satellite Sylvan Learning Center located in Battle Creek.
Please email email@example.com with your resume or call him direct at 616-516-4520.