Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL)—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate—is looking to add a Speciality Leasing Manager to its team at The Crossroads Mall in Portage, Michigan. A successful candidate will be prepared to oversee and direct the specialty leasing program in order to achieve the center’s specialty leasing income, ancillary income, and occupancy goals. Primary responsibilities include the ongoing licensing of the common area RMUs, temporary kiosks, temporary inline stores, and ancillary income. Other accountabilities include budgeting, financial reporting, and forecasting. Must demonstrate the ability to juggle responsibilities, prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 91,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces, and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people, and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics, and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation, and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
- Work closely with the marketing department to ensure ongoing exposure of the specialty leasing program in the mall’s marketing efforts including in-mall signage and digital media.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community activities representing the property and JLL.
- Identify new and unique prospects for the specialty leasing program and/or permanent leasing.
- Ensure that specialty leasing retailers and amenities enhance the appearance and values of the shopping center and meet JLL’s visual merchandising requirements and standards of professionalism.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the permanent leasing agent to ascertain space availability, merchandise mix goals, and incubation candidates.
- Generate alternative revenue through ancillary income opportunities. Oversee all specialty leasing retailers to ensure adherence to the property’s Operational Guidelines and Design Criteria.
- Prepare all license agreement documents in the DealTrak system. Coordinate the execution of agreements with the General Manager and the licensee.
- Coordinate all national deals with the specialty leasing regional team.
- Establish an ongoing partnership with licensees to maximize individual store sales through a retailer communication/sales program.
- Develop and implement specialty leasing retailer action plans aimed at maximizing sales and increasing the center’s value.
- Monitor, control, and adjust, as appropriate, specialty leasing budgets and forecasts and ancillary income goals to meet year-end projections.
- Process all license agreements in accordance with the Data Management Procedures.
- Collect monthly sales reports from licensees and generate a sales report, ensuring all percentage rent and percentage in lieu is billed appropriately
- Ensure rent is collected from all licensees adhering to the Specialty Leasing A/R Policies & Procedures
- Ensure each licensee has provided the appropriate Certificate of Insurance. Coordinate the set-up, relocation, and breakdown of all specialty leasing licensees.
- Ensure that JLL Core Practices are followed.
- Support the property team in efforts to maintain appropriate client and tenant satisfaction ratings.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, accounting or marketing preferred
- 3 years practical experience required, related sales experience or retail experience
- Experience in managing budgets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Selling and negotiation skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy when interacting with other
- Must have or be willing to get a Real Estate license within 120 days of employment
- Flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evenings
JLL is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination. If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com or call: 866-580-7421.
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together, and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being, and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!