SOCIAL MEDIA ASSOCIATE
Job Type: Full-time
- Can you see 1,000 words in a picture?
- Can you write one awesome sentence that says it all?
- Do personal and corporate brands inspire you?
- Do you have a quick and appropriate wit?
- Do you love to snap photos of others?
- Do the little details energize you?
- Are you the first to uncover grammar mistakes?
- Do you look forward to deadlines?
- Are you extremely organized?
- Are you a lover of words and purposeful content?
- And, can you confirm that you never have had a serious accident while taking a selfie? Ha!
If you can tell a good story, are a good listener and notice the smallest of details even when it comes to reading a text or your best friend’s latest post, then you likely possess the skills needed for Southwest Michigan First’s social media associate position.
The social media associate will work directly to support Southwest Michigan First’s award-winning marketing and communications. Our ideal candidate must possess the ability to work quickly and efficiently on several projects at one time, is results-oriented, has strong time management skills and works enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment. Your role will require you to use social media tools across multiple channels simultaneously; develop, implement and manage social media strategy and content; define and track social media KPIs; measure social media campaigns; stay up-to-date with the latest social media best practices and technologies, and work well with team members to ensure content is informative and appealing.
Are you motivated by being a member of a high performing team and thrive in a fast-paced environment? Submit your resume and cover letter for consideration today!
The ideal candidate is seeking a career in business communications with a twist: yes, twisting in thoughtful, inspiring and creative prose to make a factual document worth the read. The position is designed for ambitious individuals who want to impact their community as they further develop important skills critical to a successful career and:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or writing-intensive major
- Are a recent college graduate or one to three years of related experience
- Meet deadlines on or before schedule
- Are efficient, driven and able to self-manage
- Look to add value
- Possess strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills
- Execute with the highest attention to detail
- Are skilled with the Microsoft suite of business technical products
- Can operate within a team, but not need the team to drive productivity
- Take direction and redirection in a positive manner is expected
- Can work with diverse stakeholders
- Commit to putting excellence into all work
- And, are fearless in the face of technology
Interested? Apply now through Indeed! All applications require:
- Cover Letter
About Southwest Michigan First
Southwest Michigan First is an organization of privately funded economic development advisors who act as the catalyst for economic success in Southwest Michigan. Founded in 1999 on the principle that the greatest force for change is a job, the organization works across all industries throughout the seven countries making up the Southwest Michigan region.
Southwest Michigan First provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Southwest Michigan First complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
THIS JOB POST WAS SPONSORED BY SOUTHWEST MICHIGAN FIRST.