CRB is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and innovative individual for a senior-level position as an Electrical Engineer in the Kalamazoo Office. In addition to the basic qualifications listed, the successful candidate shall possess the skills required to successfully develop and execute project tasks and deliverables, be a collaborative team player, and have a strong drive to deliver quality project designs to customers. This person will develop and implement the electrical and special systems concepts and design, coordinating with internal architects and process, mechanical, and I&C engineers and also client personnel. Experience in AutoCAD and Revit is necessary for developing drawing deliverables, as well as experience with Excel for developing panel schedules. Project sizes will vary and will consist primarily of pharmaceutical, biotech, or other advanced tech projects including both existing building renovations/retrofits and new construction.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• 15 plus years of experience required, much of this preferably in a design firm setting
• Professional Registration required
• Understanding of or experience using AutoCAD and Revit required
• Experience with Excel required
• Experience with developing and implementing electrical and special systems design strategies/philosophies for high technology facilities required
• Ability to lead a project from an electrical design perspective and to direct the electrical design effort required
• Expert experience with National Electric Code (NEC) and other industry standards required
• Developing electrical power concepts for new or renovated high tech facilities. Writing narratives that describe the electrical and special systems that may include user requirements specifications and sequences of operation.
• Developing single line diagrams to depict the electrical power system at a high level.
• Performing electrical calculations for power and lighting systems.
• Selecting electrical devices for power, lighting, and special systems.
• Working with other disciplines to ensure electrical and special systems designs are fully coordinated.
• Providing input into the electrical requirements of complex process and mechanical equipment.
• Creating electrical and special systems design drawings from concept through detailed design.
• Developing electrical construction specifications.
• Following projects after construction documents are issued and reviewing submittals, providing electrical design support, and making field visits to verify construction of electrical scope is proceeding per the intent of the design.
• Directing activities of electrical CAD and Designer support staff.
This is a full-time position
CRB offers a complete and competitive benefits package designed for individuals and families.
CRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V