Schupan’s 50-year formula for success has been simple: to treat their employees and customers as they would wish to be treated. Honored with various community-based and national awards, Schupan leads the list of top companies to work for and to do business with.
Does Schupan sound like the place for you? Please read the position description below and submit your completed application and resume if you’re interested in a fast-paced, family-oriented environment.
This role is responsible for coordinating all aspects of custom jobs from receipt of order to completion. To include, quotation of custom extruded aluminum shapes and other materials, implementation of new business awarded from customers, and daily project management of the existing business.
- Works with department managers, supervisors, and outside vendors to develop quotations on internal and external processes.
- Initiates ECN/NCD as required and inputs information into the business system, i.e., part numbers, bill of materials, purchasing information, etc.
- Assists with documentation and development of job routing including job packets and related paperwork.
- Assists with coordination and documentation of equipment and tooling needs.
- Monitors and reports the progress of projects and deadlines.
- Assist with the procurement of tooling and equipment needs.
- Monitors and establish stocking levels.
- Assists quality department with engineering change notices, and continuous improvement projects.
- Monitors production deadlines, material, manufacturing costs, and pricing to customers.
- Build relationships and good rapport with customers, vendors, and teammates.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Exhibits behaviors that reflect the company core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Tenacity, Compassion & Diversity
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Schupan & Sons, Inc. expects all employees to perform their job duties and consistently follow the code of conduct. The Schupan culture has a focus on these core values:
- Teamwork – relates to coworkers minimizing and/or resolving conflict. Arrives to work on time, works efficiently, and balances team and individual responsibilities. Listens attentively and approaches others in a tactful manner while supporting others’ efforts to succeed.
- Integrity – supports the organization’s goals and values while following policies and procedures. Leads by example with ethical, honest, and fair behavior. Keeps commitments and takes responsibility for your own actions.
- Tenacity – learns from mistakes and overcomes obstacles by recognizing solutions. Accentuates the positive and perseveres in difficult or challenging situations.
- Compassion – values the welfare of coworkers, customers, and the communities we serve. Shows kindness, caring, and a willingness to help others.
- Diversity – shows respect and sensitivity for others and their differences and supports a harassment-free workplace.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Supply Chain Management or 1-2 years of purchasing, project management, or related experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of all levels (executives, engineers, designers, quality) of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Familiar and able to manipulate CAD software and Solidworks software.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office or similar software.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of the aluminum industry.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing industry.
Thank you for your interest in our growing company and we look forward to seeing what you have to offer.