Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL)—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate—is looking to add an Operations Manager to its team at The Crossroads Mall in Portage, Michigan. A successful candidate will have a good understanding of the maintenance department, operating systems of the property, construction practices, and preventive maintenance and safety practices. This role will also be responsible for enhancing the property value by managing the maintenance department at the property.
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 91,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of the real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces, and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people, and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics, and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation, and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
What this job involves
- Provides direction and support to maintenance technicians within the facility or portfolio (including performance management, coaching, and development)
- Communicates regularly with the site team and attends scheduled staff meetings/calls
- Act as an interface with the client and assist the team with tactical planning for the goals and objectives
- Provide direction/information to vendors, facilities staff, and service providers as required ensuring excellent coordination/execution of work within client environment with minimal disruption, as needed
- Implements and schedules preventative maintenance standards that are in compliance with JLL and Client guidelines
- Manages and schedules all projects and reviews for accuracy and quality of work performed by technicians and vendors
- Evaluates vendors and suppliers on a regular basis with Strategic Sourcing with regard to quality and competitive pricing
- Assist support facility specific cost savings targets to contribute to the account achieving significant savings
- Coordinates the scheduling, maintenance, and monitoring of HVAC, water, electric, and other systems to ensure efficient operation with the Client System Owner
- Maintains a critical parts inventory and monitors it throughout the year
- Assist with researching, analyzing, and reporting budget variances. Work with team members to identify and respond to any financial or budgeting related issues
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Sound like you? To apply you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- 3+ years industry experience required in a corporate environment or as a third-party service provider
- HVAC systems knowledge required
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong customer service skills are required
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Familiar with computer equipment and programs.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Proficient in MS Office, and possess strong written, verbal, and people skills
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced written communication skills (spelling, grammar, and punctuation) and verbal communications skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Prioritize and manage the completion of projects in an efficient and timely manner.
JLL is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination. If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 866-580-7421.
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together, and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being, and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!