Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine is recruiting an On-Call Coordinator for Foundation Relations within the Office of Development and Alumni Relations. Responsible to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts from regional, state-wide and national foundations. Will identify, research and initiate contact with foundation representatives to develop opportunities for submitting applications for support of the mission and programs of WMed. Works with WMed administrative staff to prepare proposals and applications for foundation funding of WMed strategic priorities. Prepares a listing of top 100, top 50 and top 25 foundations with funding interests that match programmatic activity of the medical school. The Coordinator will document all their research and interactions with foundation representatives in the WMed Salesforce database system.
- Research and prepares a list of top foundation prospects for WMed.
- On a weekly basis initiate telephone, e-mail and in-person contacts with foundation representatives to connect them with WMed.
- Actively pursues the preparation of foundation applications for support for WMed.
- Use Salesforce database system to build network of foundation contacts.
- On a monthly basis submits applications for foundation support for WMed.
- Use Salesforce database system to record applications for support.
- Prepare outcome reports for all Foundation funded projects.
- Prepare stewardship reports and activities to recognize foundations for their financial support of WMed.
- Availability to work occasional overtime on weekends or evenings to complete time-sensitive projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s Degree required.
- Three or more years of experience with non-profit organizations, fundraising organizations, or business organizations.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong in-person, telephone and small group presentation skills.
- Prior experience in preparing and submitting applications for foundation support preferred.
- Experience preparing program and project budgets, annual impact reports, and statements of foundation-funded outcomes a plus.
- Prior experience using database systems, especially Salesforce, are preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize priorities in organization of work flow.
- Able to perform duties independently, with a minimal need for direct supervision.
About Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine (WMed) is an exciting environment to pursue and academic career. The medical school is a collaboration of Western Michigan University and Kalamazoo’s two teaching health systems, Ascension Borgess and Bronson Healthcare. The medical school is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation supported by private gifts, clinical revenues, research activities, tuition, and endowment income. Building upon the $100 million foundational gift in 2011, WMed received a philanthropic commitment of $300 million to support the mission of the medical school in June 2021. WMed contributed to the creation of 1,600 new jobs and an economic impact of $353 million in Kalamazoo and Calhoun counties in 2020.
WMed is fully accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and the Higher Learning Commission. WMed offers a comprehensive, innovative four-year Doctor of Medicine degree program and two Master of Science degree programs in Biomedical Sciences and Medical Engineering. There are more than 200 residents and fellows in 10 residencies and five fellowships accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. To support its mission to educate and inspire lifelong learners, WMed has Joint Accreditation for interprofessional continuing education, which incorporates accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education.
WMed Health is the clinical practice of the medical school with more than 300 providers offering comprehensive primary care and specialty services in several locations throughout Kalamazoo, Portage, and Battle Creek. The Department of Pathology faculty serve as the Office of the Medical Examiner for counties throughout Michigan and northern Indiana.
The W.E. Upjohn M.D. Campus located in downtown Kalamazoo serves as the primary educational facility with faculty and administrative offices, student study and social spaces, team-based learning halls, a state-of-the-art Simulation Center accredited by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare, basic science research labs, as well as toxicology and forensic pathology labs.
WMed is building upon Kalamazoo’s century-long foundation of drug discovery and medical device development with a strategic investment in clinical, laboratory, community, and educational research. The Center for Immunobiology, Center for Clinical Research, WMed ForenTox, Research Histology Lab, Innovation Center, Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and Human Research Protection Program contribute to the medical school’s advancement of knowledge through innovation and discovery.
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, and actively strives to increase diversity within its community. We provide a drug- and tobacco- free workplace.
EEO Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans.
Pay: $ 18.35-21.40/hr