The Grand Valley State University Battle Creek Regional Outreach Center (GVSU BCROC) is seeking an Office Assistant. The role will provide administrative and clerical support for GVSU BCROC, as well as work with other university departments to manage and coordinate a wide variety of duties for grant and university related programming and activities in Southwest Michigan.
Apply directly online with a cover letter and resume—the online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
• Directly assists the Co-Principle Investigator (Co-PI) for the W.K. Kellogg Foundation grant in Battle Creek, and the Director of Community Engagement for the BCROC.
• Manage/maintain Co-PI and Supervisor’s schedule.
• Acts as a liaison between Co-PI/Supervisor and department staff, campus, and community.
• Performs and coordinates scheduling tasks and support services associated with preparing and planning for programs, major meetings, conferences, exhibits, travel, or other related duties for both internal and external contacts.
• Supervise student employees and may act as a lead worker to other PSS.
• Process student employee UltraTime and maintain appropriate records monitoring available dollars.
• Responsible for the coordination/completion and the quality of the clerical work for the department/center which includes answering telephones, providing information, or routing calls to appropriate person; open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, including bulk mailings; correspondence; maintain office filing system.
• Receives information in various forms and determines the appropriate method of processing.
• Answer or refer inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and the general public regarding established policies and procedures; answer routine inquiries; and schedule appointments and meetings, facilities, and events.
• Responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating files and record-keeping systems; paper and/or computerized.
• Compiles and logically formats statistical data and reports.
• Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures, and directs individuals to sources of additional information.
• Manage inventory for the center, and is responsible for ordering supplies and materials for the department and center. Is also responsible for procuring various materials for grant-related programs in Battle Creek and processing various university forms.
• Monitors departmental budget, reviews budget reports, and reconciles the reports with the department/office’s records. Processes and submits expense reports for Co-PI and Supervisor, and assists program leads with expenses occurring in Battle Creek.
• Generates reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentations, spreadsheets, graphics, marketing materials, and other similar materials using computer systems.
• Develops and maintains BCROC’s webpage and social media presence, and monitors virtual outreach tools such as Zoom, text, and chat features.
• Performs and coordinates the recruitment of students and participants for the various center and grant funded programs.
• Create and maintain database systems.
• Coordinate all clerical duties associated with staff searches.
• Conducts special projects and assignments as directed.
• Coordinates special events and functions.
• Coordinate and maintain departmental resources, i.e. library, vouchers, handouts.
• Proofread and correct materials and edits grammatical errors.
• Other related duties as assigned.