At West Michigan International (WMI) and K&R Truck Sales, we are a locally-owned group of companies devoted to bringing our customers the very best when it comes to a full-service truck dealership. We are based in West Michigan with five locations in Grand Rapids, Holland, Kalamazoo, Lansing, and Muskegon to support our customers with an extensive service department, three complete body shops, parts including delivery, a fleet of mobile service trucks, towing, and a laser focus on customer service. This is all in addition to truck sales, leasing/rental and financing.
We are looking to hire a mobile heavy duty truck technician in Kalamazoo to join our team and grow with us. In addition to offering a positive work environment, we offer a generous benefits package! Apply today for our Mobile Heavy Duty Truck Technician position.
What We Offer
- Medical and dental
- 401K plan
- Paid time off and vacation
- Growth opportunities
- Family owned and operated
- Long-term job security
- Health and wellness
Technician Specific Benefits
- Uniforms provided
- Highly productive shop
- Career advancement opportunities
- Promote from within
- ASE and state certification reimbursement and all training expenses paid to further your career
- Continued education, manufacturer hands on and web based training
- Clean and professional work environment
- Competitive wages
- Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership.
- Repairs would be made both IN THE SHOP and MOBILE /on site, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
- This position does include responding to after-hours service calls.
- After hours responsibility is scheduled on a rotation basis.
- Time for after-hours service calls, completed in addition to your regularly scheduled week, is paid as OVERTIME plus commission on the completed service calls.
- Diagnosing, and repairing both TRUCKS AND TRAILERS, including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed.
- Providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specification.
- ASE certification preferred but not required Strong teamwork skill.
- Willing to submit to a drug screen and background check.
- Must have clean driver’s license.
- Be customer focused State of Michigan HDT repair certified.
- Willing to stay up-to-date on industry training and equipment.
- Our technicians are some of the best in the industry.
- Have your own tools (in shop).
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply
You can apply online at https://sites.hireology.com/westmichiganinternational/jobs.html.