Southwest Michigan First is seeking an experienced marketing and communications associate that is an energetic candidate who can multitask and manage priorities; who has exceptional written and oral communication skills; and who is a strategic thinker with a proven ability to craft communication materials across the web, social media platforms, email, and public relations (PR) organizations through software and web applications to maximize marketing efforts. This position reports directly to the marketing and communications manager and will be a key team member within the marketing and communications team.
- Ability to work with senior-level managers as a partner and collaborator on messaging.
- Passion for storytelling and helping others tell their stories with the ability to simplify messaging.
- Assists with writing, proofing, and editing internal and external marketing communications and promotional materials; plans, develops, updates and posts/sends email and social media calendars and content; printing and media distribution; utilizes administrative platforms to display marketing materials and assists with administering collaborative partner programs.
- Write and compose content for web, social media, email campaigns, and PR efforts across our broad audience including community, donors, board members and region.
- Develops ideas in conjunction with marketing and communications manager to produce public relations materials targeted to specific audiences.
- Develop and/or assist in producing First & 42, Southwest Michigan First’s digital news efforts.
- Lead and manage our social media strategy and execution across the region in addition to creating content and multimedia.
- Using primary and secondary research and other data to guide data-informed decision-making.
- Stay informed on evolving communication opportunities (digital, print, etc.) and integrate as appropriate into Southwest Michigan First’s marketing and communications strategy.
- Provide writing and editorial assistance on other communications pieces and other special publications, as needed.
- Work with vendors to provide appropriate software and design support for project management and communications efforts.
- Promotes and attends special events and functions; promotes and reports on organizational milestones and activities such as organizational goals and projects; community activities; and new hires, promotions, and retirements.
- Assists executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important public messages.
- Ensures that all materials present a clear, unified, and positive image for the organization.
The minimum essential requirements of the position are:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or relevant field.
- Have at least two to four years of related experience.
- Meet deadlines on or before schedule.
- Be efficient, driven, and able to self-manage.
- Possess strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
- Execute with the highest attention to detail.
- Hold off-the-charts skill levels with Microsoft Word, Word Press, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Operate within a team, but does not need the team to drive productivity.
- Take direction and redirection in a positive manner.
- Be capable of working with diverse stakeholders.
- Commit to putting excellence into all work.
- Be fearless in the face of technology.
Interested? Apply now through Indeed! All applications require:
- Cover Letter
About Southwest Michigan First
Southwest Michigan First is an organization of privately funded economic development advisors who act as the catalyst for economic success in Southwest Michigan. Founded in 1999 on the principle that the greatest force for change is a job, the organization works across all industries throughout the seven counties making up the Southwest Michigan region.
Southwest Michigan First provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Southwest Michigan First complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.