Discover Kalamazoo is the official destination marketing organization for Kalamazoo County. Working to recruit meetings, events, and conferences that create a positive economic impact throughout our community, the team connects planners with local businesses and provides information and resources to both visitors and residents. Discover Kalamazoo finds every way possible to share their love of our community and let others know why Kalamazoo is the perfect place for a unique getaway, meeting, or event. Their work focuses on sharing Kalamazoo with everyone, inspiring visitors and residents to discover Kalamazoo.
Discover Kalamazoo is looking for a part-time Finance Manager to add to their team. The right individual will be an outstanding ambassador of Kalamazoo and will be passionately proud of our community, exude contagious positivity, and make sure all our diverse visitors are valued and welcomed.
Essential functions for this position include:
• Financial planning – Advises the organization on how to grow through prudent financial practices. Provides insight based on revenue and spending patterns to ensure we achieve our financial goals.
• Revenue management – Creates and updates annual and monthly revenue forecast.
• Expense management – Recommends expense posture based on revenue forecast. Creates and maintains tools for forecasting, tracking, and reporting expenses.
• Cash management — Recommends investment strategy for organization’s cash reserves and maintains organization’s investments.
• Accounting — Responsible for all bookkeeping activities including general ledger, account analysis and reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, petty cash, financial statements and accounting files