Do you have what it takes to run point among executives, team members, clients, and external partners? Are you interested in supporting the leader of a company nationally recognized by the likes of Outside Magazine, Crain’s Detroit Business, Best Places to Work, and The Wall Street Journal as the best small business in the nation to work for? If we’ve grabbed your interest, then we need to meet you! Here at Southwest Michigan First, a regional economic development agency, we’re seeking a dynamic Executive Assistant to work alongside our CEO. Consider how you answer these questions before taking the next step:
- Do you never forget a friend’s birthday?
- Do you anticipate issues and address them before everyone else?
- Do you thrive on change?
- Do you consider breaking a promise or sharing a secret a horrible crime?
- Do you never miss a deadline?
- Does the status quo drive you crazy?
- Do you love learning—especially new technology and ideas?
- Do you thrive on discovering new experiences?
- Are you a caretaker?
- Are you a great team member?
- Are you detailed to the point of annoying your family?
- Are you creative and love curating the new?
- Can you lead even when you are not in charge?
If your answer is “yes!” to all of the above and you are the type of person who thrives on a high-performing team that makes a positive impact on our community, then we just might have found our next amazing team member. Please send us your resume and cover letter!
Here’s What Our Ideal Person Brings With Them
- A love for travel, likes to schedule travel, and can handle all the changes that come with it.
- A comfort for technology and excitement for learning new digital tools.
- Efficiency, drive, and the ability to self-manage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to execute with the highest attention to detail.
- An aptitude to learn quickly and computer-savviness; proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), and a working knowledge of Salesforce is helpful, but not required.
- The capacity to meet deadlines on or before schedule.
- A gift for working within a team without needing the team to drive productivity.
- The anticipation of the needs and implications of actions.
- An ability to take direction and redirection in a positive manner.
- The capability of working with diverse personalities.
- A motivation to drive the success of others.
- An intense desire to put excellence into all work.
Interested? Apply now. All applications require:
- Cover Letter
About Southwest Michigan First
Southwest Michigan First is an organization of privately funded economic development advisors who act as the catalyst for economic success in Southwest Michigan. Founded in 1999 on the principle that the greatest force for change is a job, the organization works across all industries throughout the seven counties making up the Southwest Michigan region.
Southwest Michigan First provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Southwest Michigan First complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.