Schupan’s 50-year formula for success has been simple: to treat their employees and customers as they would wish to be treated. Honored with various community-based and national awards, Schupan leads the list of top companies to work for and to do business with.
Does Schupan sound like the place for you? Please read the position description below and submit your completed application and resume if you’re interested in a fast-paced, family-oriented environment.
The Corporate Payroll & Accounting Coordinator is responsible for preparing, balancing, overseeing, and troubleshooting weekly payroll in an accurate and timely manner by operating as the subject matter expert to resolve issues, improve processes and implement new initiatives. In addition, the Corporate Payroll & Accounting Coordinator is responsible for assisting the corporate finance team with day-to-day accounting duties for the organization in a timely manner.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance
- Exhibits behaviors that reflect the company core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Tenacity, Compassion & Diversity
- Oversees reviews, verifies, and corrects all payroll data such as hours worked, bonus and commission, tax and benefit information to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, loan payments, 401(K), as well as other required information for employment records
- Stays current and monitors changes in federal, state, and local payroll laws and regulations to ensure consistent compliance and makes recommendations to management regarding payroll practices by attending at least 2 training sessions/year
- Fulfills wage garnishment requirements by completing forms, adjusting payroll records, and documenting withholdings
- Prepares and reviews weekly, month-end, and other reports requested by supervisors regarding payroll and other employee information as needed
- Reconciles General Ledger Accounts as it relates to payroll information
- Reviews and balances all payroll tax filings and other payroll reporting completed by payroll service to ensure all information is accurate
- Provides training to employees on payroll software system Reviews wage and employment verifications for accuracy
- Administers 401(k) company match Generate HSA and 401k reports
- Provides reporting to management and others as it relates to areas of responsibilities, including workers’ compensation, 401(K), and ISO audits
- Fields employee questions as they relate to payroll and timekeeping related matters
- Manages effective internal/external customer and vendor relations within the area of responsibility
- Oversees ISO Work Instructions and forms as it relates to responsibilities
- Maintains the confidentiality standards of payroll operations
- Assist corporate finance team with accounts payable & receivables
- Assist corporate finance team with projects around payroll & finance
- Occasionally lift and/or move office materials including files and equipment weighing up to 10 pounds
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Schupan & Sons, Inc. expects all employees to perform their job duties and consistently follow the code of conduct. The Schupan culture has a focus on these core values:
- Teamwork – relates to coworkers minimizing and/or resolving conflict. Arrives to work on time, works efficiently, and balances team and individual responsibilities. Listens attentively and approaches others in a tactful manner while supporting others’ efforts to succeed.
- Integrity – supports the organization’s goals and values while following policies and procedures. Leads by example with ethical, honest, and fair behavior. Keeps commitments and takes responsibility for your own actions.
- Tenacity – learns from mistakes and overcomes obstacles by recognizing solutions. Accentuates the positive and perseveres in difficult or challenging situations.
- Compassion – values the welfare of coworkers, customers, and the communities we serve. Shows kindness, caring, and a willingness to help others.
- Diversity – shows respect and sensitivity for others and their differences and supports a harassment-free workplace.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field required
- Three years of experience in payroll processing preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Routinely work independently and adapt to frequent delays and unexpected events
- Ability to read/interpret written material pertaining to payroll laws and regulations and procedure manuals
- Ability to tailor communication to employees based on their knowledge of the topic
- Ability to apply basic math concepts as well as calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
- Ability to solve practical problems with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Knowledge of Payroll, Microsoft Word & Excel Knowledge of Accounting and Paycom preferred
- Ability to identify and solve payroll related issues in a timely manner
Thank you for your interest in our growing company and we look forward to seeing what you have to offer.