Ascension – Borgess is adding to its team! One of the leading non-profit and Catholic Health Systems in the U.S. is hiring a Core Lab Manager for its Borgess Medical Center. This position will oversee the Core Lab function at Borgess Medical Center & Woodbridge in Kalamazoo. Ascension – Borgess offers you choices when it comes to growing your career. Whether you’re just starting your career, moving to a new city, or learning a new discipline, there’s a place for you with one of our Ascension Ministries.
What You Will Do
Manage the daily operations of the Core Laboratory.
- Develop specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives that support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, standards, and initiatives.
- Manage staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction, and conflict management. Perform and oversee scheduling, recruitment, and payroll.
- Monitor departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations. Determine and justify needs for equipment purchases.
- Implement PI measures to enhance the safety and efficiency of the Laboratory department.
- Work closely with service line directors and managers to resolve operational issues, interdepartmental/physician concerns within the health system.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB).
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences, or education
qualifications as stated per CLIA requirements.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 or more years in a supervisory role in an automated lab environment.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care for persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Borgess is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.