Honor Credit Union is here to make sure you understand the job responsibilities, but we also think it’s important for you to get to know our culture and values so you can begin living your “I Am Honor” story on your very first day.
So, who are we? Team Honor is made up of outgoing, positive, friendly, and highly experienced individuals that pride themselves on putting the member first to “Provide Solutions for Your Financial Success”. We also live each day by our core values: Respect, Integrity, Truth, and Fairness. It’s no accident that we stick a giant smiley face on everything that is Honor, we are genuinely happy to help. We wear jeans because we’re not afraid to jump in to do the work with our members and we look forward to the next time we can volunteer in our community. Come Be Part Of It!
Are you up for a challenge? Can you be that “go-to” person for our members’ business needs? If so, Honor Credit Union would like to talk to you about an amazing opportunity. The Honor Credit Union team is looking to add a full-time Commerical Lender to its Kalamazoo office.
- Responsible for developing business owner relationships within the communities where Honor conducts business.
- This individual will be responsible for developing and presenting business-lending options for all types of commercial businesses based on our current business loan products.
- Work with both existing and future members to provide them with solutions for financial success.
- Serves borrowers and prospective borrowers promptly and professionally.
- Provides general Credit Union services information and cross-sells products.
- Assists Business Loan personnel as needed.
COMMITMENTS TO LIVING “I AM HONOR”:
- Act with Urgency and Care – Be the person “they” call first. (aka “I got a person”)
- The Platinum Rule – Treat others the way they want to be treated.
- Make the Connection – Genuinely welcome everyone. Provide a “WOW” experience. Engage and make their experience memorable.
- See a Need, Fill a Need – Needs may be known or unrealized. Help others dream bigger.
- Reason over Rules – If a process prevents you from filling a need, take action, and challenge the process to make it better.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: College Degree in Business, Finance, or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products and services.
- Knowledge of Real Estate lending and documentation.
- Familiarity with property management preferred. Thorough understanding of income property and construction lending.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum of three years of related lending experience. Supervisory experience is very helpful. Familiar with loan problems and workouts very helpful.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to keep finances in order.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent financial analysis abilities.
- Solid communication and negotiation abilities.
- Strong public relations skills.
- Able to use all related computer applications and business machines.