Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for managing both the day-to-day and strategic operations of Naylor Landscape Management located in Kalamazoo. They will ensure that that the people, systems, operational policies and controls are in place to effectively support the organization. The COO will be tasked with safeguarding the financial strength and operating efficiency of the company, as well as ensuring proper measures exist and high-quality results are continuously delivered. They will clearly communicate and articulate the vision and mission to all levels of the company while helping to shape and guide the future growth and development of the organization.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead, motivate, mentor and manage the senior management team by providing day-to-day support and guidance on strategic and operational issues;
- Supervise and collaborate with the senior management team to develop, improve, and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of our organization and ensure legal compliance and support of company mission and values;
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company;
- Measure the effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and find ways to improve processes;
- Support staff in ensuring customer satisfaction and safeguarding the delivery of quality services while adhering to revenue goals and assisting in new contract closing and the contract renewal process through effective management & coordination of personnel, equipment, and resources;
- Engage in a defined process to keep leadership current on trends, new practices, and new solutions such as product/service development and continuous innovation;
- Assist the President in researching, and where appropriate, implementing new ideas/initiatives designed to strategically grow the business;
- Attract, recruit, develop and retain the best employees, and encourage the management team to do the same with their respective teams; Support continuity and succession planning for all critical positions;
- Oversee employee rewards/compensation (i.e., benefits, salaries, profit sharing, incentive compensation) as well as training and development, ensuring employees feel valued and with a focus on retention;
- Assist the senior team in setting individual department goals and motivate staff to meet or surpass organizational and sales goals;
- Foster a collaborative, success-oriented, accountable environment within the company;
- Serve as a proactive leader, anticipating issues before they arise and developing creative solutions;
- Promote communication and teamwork between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise;
- Serve as the primary staff member responsible for significant Human Resources matters, including but not limited to disciplinary action, changes to the Employee Manual and assisting senior staff with challenging HR issues within their departments;
- Represent the firm with business partners and clients.
- 5+ years of experience in a comparable level management role, in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Relevant industry experience a plus.
- Proven financial management, strategic planning, and process improvement skills.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and analyzing metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/accounting/finance or related area or equivalent experience.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with QuickBooks.
- Demonstrated experience making key decisions for the business through critical problem-solving skills; proven ability to make sound judgment calls, successfully communicating those decisions when necessary, both in/outside the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven ability to build strong relationships and generate respect with senior management, internal staff and in the external community in which the company does business.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, coach, appraise, reward and retain highly qualified staff and motivate, mentor and develop a collaborative and high-performing team.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong presentation and listening skills.
- Enthusiastic, upbeat, professional and highly organized with superior time management and follow-through skills.
- Flexible with proven ability to multitask.
- Results-driven with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in quality, customer service, and corporate mission and values.
- Curiosity and continuous commitment to learning.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity & credibility.
- Valid Driver’s License and Work Authorization.
Interested? Apply directly to Pamela! All applications require:
- Cover Letter
About Naylor Landscape Management
Naylor Landscape Management was founded over 30-years-ago and is a locally owned, family-run business. Dedicated to serving its customers and to continuous learning, Naylor has a team-oriented culture and are committed to helping out in the local community. To learn more, please visit the website.
Naylor Landscape Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive wages, health, and dental insurance, paid time off and professional development assistance. Naylor Landscape Management conducts pre-employment and random drug testing.
THIS JOB POST WAS SPONSORED BY NAYLOR LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT.