LIKE NO OTHER COMPANY! Are you passionate about working for a company that cares about you and the community? If you are, Schupan would love to talk to you! Our 50-year formula for success has been simple: to treat their employees and customers as they would wish to be treated. Being family-owned and operated gives Schupan the opportunity to appreciate you as an employee but also as a unique individual. We still believe in a family-oriented environment and find when you enjoy the people you work with, the job just seems a little more fun.
Does Schupan sound like the place for you? Apply here and show us what you’ve got! Thank you for your interest in our growing company and we look forward to seeing what you have to offer.
A little bit about us:
- We care about our employees and our community, which is why safety is our number one concern and we hold ourselves to high standards.
- We are all about investing in the growth of our employees.
- Being fair and honest with our customers and employees has always been our top priority. Without them, we wouldn’t be here.
- When you set the bar for high standards, it comes across in your work. From safety to production outputs, quality is everywhere.
A day in the life of a Driver (essential functions):
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance
- Exhibits behaviors that reflect the company core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Tenacity, Compassion & Diversity
- Services customers as directed by dispatcher/manager and work schedule as required.
- Identifies different types of scrap metals and materials.
- Uses tarping systems as required.
- Loads/unloads lugger boxes, roll-off boxes, dry vans, and flatbeds as required.
- Weighs in and out on the scales, completes and processes all required paperwork pertaining to the load.
- Inspects vehicle and notifies maintenance of any concerns.
- Cleans and performs basic up-keep/maintenance on assigned vehicles.
- Keeps all required logs and records current and accurate in order to be in compliance with company policies/procedures, as well as, federal/state regulations and laws.
- Follows all company safety policies/procedures and federal/state regulations with regard to vehicles, including reporting all accidents/incidents.
- Complies with all applicable ISO procedures.
- Works overtime as required.
- Must be able to remain in a seated position for 65% of the scheduled shift.
- Frequently operates controls to position, load, and unload the truck.
- Identifies driving hazards and makes sound decisions to react appropriately to each situation
- Frequently lifts and moves materials and tools weighing up to 50lbs to load/unload and tarp the truck, and perform basic maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to follow safety procedures for safe vehicle operation.
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Important Job Details:
- Full Time
- Home Every night
Some of the perks:
- Company-paid vacation upon hire
- Company-paid personal day (annually)
- Company-paid day of community volunteering (annually)
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Company-paid Life, Accidental Death & Disability insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Access to free confidential 24/7 support and resources for balancing your work and personal life
- Holiday pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Pet insurance
- Everybody gets a 16-pound turkey for Thanksgiving
- Employee discounts on refurbished electronics and material
To get your foot in the door:
- 2 years of verifiable related driving experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CDL A license with an acceptable driving record and a valid medical card.