About Newhall Klein (NK)
NK is a branding, marketing, and digital agency based in Kalamazoo, MI. In business for over 30 years, NK serves clients in industries such as food, manufacturing, professional services, and higher education throughout North America and on a global scale.
About the Role
This part-time role manages day-to-day activities to support and coordinate core business functions, including accounting, bookkeeping, HR/benefits, and facility management.
Living the Culture and Exhibiting the Values
- Exhibits integrity and high character, supporting the NK mission
- Serves others in pursuit of NK’s core values
- Promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Acts as NK ambassador dedicated to promoting NK services, vision, voice
- Builds strong relationships
- Supports and delivers against NK’s vision and business goals
- Communicates effectively with all groups of people
- Plans, organizes, and executes work
Thinking and Decision Making
- Proactively escalates and solves problems
- Understands the business
- Accounts Payable – manage outgoing bills and invoices on behalf of NK. These bills might include utility payments, contractor invoices, employee expense accounts, and reimbursements. Some other specific duties associated with this position include: updating and maintaining records of expenditures, sending payments for company credit accounts, responding to and processing vendor invoices, ensuring that all payments are made in accordance with company policy, ensuring that all payments are sent on time, and resolving payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of N.K
- Accounts Receivable – manage incoming payments on behalf of NK by performing the following tasks: preparing and routing invoices to customers using an online project management tool, posting payments to customer accounts, organizing and filing deposit receipts as invoices are paid, preparing reports on delinquent accounts, and customer payment profiles, reconciling cash receipts and deposits, and analyzing financial records for accuracy.
- Processes payroll and manages third-party payroll service.
- Maintains and manages relationships and routine communication and financial data sharing with third-party accounting and bookkeeping services.
- Maintains and manages relationships and routine communication with third-party benefits services (401K, Health/Vision/Dental).
- Manages all duties related to maintaining the Kalamazoo office facility, including coordination with cleaning, utilities, landscaping, and maintenance vendors.
- Runs, analyzes, and provides insights into periodic financial reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be extremely organized, thorough, and attentive to detail
- Must have experience handling AP/AR and payroll functions
- Must have experience managing third-party vendors and contractors
- Must have strong mathematical, analytical, and critical thinking skills to analyze and interpret data and financial information with ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to self-manage and self-direct work, goals, schedules, and priorities to manage one’s own time in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to build and maintain vendor relationships
- Must be a team player, have collaborative work relationships
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of web-based project management tools is beneficial
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, or Related Field
- Two (2) or more years of experience in accounting, business management, office management, or related field