Mercantile Bank of Michigan in Portage, MI is looking to hire a full-time Branch Manager. Are you ready to take your banking or business development career to the next level with a stable and respected financial institution? Do you want to make a difference in your community and people’s lives? Is being an active participant in community events something you would enjoy? If so, please read on!
This Branch Manager position earns a competitive salary based on skills and experience. You would also be eligible for a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, a flexible spending account (FSA), paid vacation and sick time, life insurance, a 401(k) with a match at 100% up to the first 5% of your contribution, discounted bank services, a mobile phone reimbursement, adoption assistance, exceptional training and development opportunities, and more! If this sounds like the right business development management opportunity for you.
- Effectively implement sales plans for the assigned branch to achieve the strategic and tactical goals of the company.
- Provide strong leadership, coaching, management, and direction to the branch staff to ensure delivery of superior quality service and product support for bank customers.
- Ensures adherence to Bank policy and procedures by all Branch personnel.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in exercising discretion and independent judgment in resolving problems, handling difficult customers, and answering questions.
- Lends support to other branch offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs and implements an aggressive sales and marketing strategy to develop new relationships and expand existing relationships.
- Calls on potential customers for deposits and treasury services.
- Sells deposit products and basic treasury services to current and prospective customers.
- Performs consumer lending and is responsible for sourcing referrals for commercial and treasury partners.
- Development/utilization of a thorough working knowledge of the bank/branch goals, policies, operating procedures, and services, as well as all current marketing and advertising promotions.
- Ensures that this information is disseminated to branch staff.
- Selects, coaches, develops, and motivates a staff that achieves the organization’s goals.
- Develops a team environment with employee morale that exhibits a positive customer service environment.
- Works with branch staff to ensure goals are met in production, expense control, fee income, and operational efficiencies.
- Conducts regular branch meetings to keep staff informed, motivated, share ideas, and resolve problems.
- Oversees branch audits, and the preparation and distribution of monthly branch reports.
- Performs retail transactions, including teller, new account, and lending, as customer traffic and branch scheduling demands.
- Promotes the bank through community involvement and leverage contacts to create a pipeline of new business.
- Other duties and projects as requested.
- Mentors and directly supervises the Assistant Branch Manager.
- Coordinates and assists the Assistant Branch Manager with the supervision of branch staff.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these individuals.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven successful business development and customer service skills.
- A minimum of five years of Branch Manager experience or ten years of related management experience.
- A minimum of five to seven years of banking experience preferred.
- Must be/become registered and licensed in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) as required by the S.A.F.E. Act.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in an office environment which may include many hours of computer and phone usage.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities can perform the essential functions.