Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL)—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate—is seeking a creative professional Assistant Retail Marketing Manager to join the team at The Crossroads regional shopping center in Portage, MI. The key focus of this role is to provide ongoing support to the JLL team and utilize expertise in events and digital content to add to the center’s overall success in driving traffic and sales.
You’ll be responsible for assisting in the development, preparation, and execution of the annual marketing and communications strategy, with a focus on retailers.
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 91,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of the real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces, and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people, and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics, and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation, and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
What this job involves
Marketing Strategy Development & Management
- Analysis of sales and statistical data, financial reporting, public relations, traditional and digital media management, program results documentation and general administrative duties.
- Assist and support the execution of the annual marketing plan for the property based upon the center’s strategic goals.
Marketing Strategy Implementation
- Assist in the development and effective execution of sales promotions, special events, and internal and external communication strategies.
- Establish an ongoing partnership with tenants to maximize individual store sales through retailer communications/sales promotions/visual merchandising, especially with tenants identified as “key retailers.”
- Work with Regional Marketing Manager to identify and implement all appropriate corporate programs.
- Effectively manage the center’s digital media programs (social media, mobile, web) as applicable.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the trade area including all competitive properties, market and customer demographics, and available media.
- Partner with Specialty Leasing to develop and implement local and corporate ancillary income opportunities to generate additional revenue for the property(s).
- Review monthly sales reports to ensure a thorough knowledge of retailer sales; track key retailer and category trends.
- Follow corporate policies and procedures for all programs and events.
- Complete special assignments as directed by the General Manager and/or Regional Marketing Manager.
Provide Superior Client Service
- Collaborate with property team and regional resources to achieve client-driven property business goals while ensuring that JLL’s Core Practices are followed.
- Communicate with the client and regional team members as needed or required. Elements of communication to the client and team members may vary and could include- sales narrative; key retailer report; results of marketing initiatives, sales, and alternative revenue efforts.
- 1 year in retail, marketing, advertising, or comparable business experience (Required)
- Some college or Bachelor’s Degree
Skills and knowledge
- Computer literate, knowledge of marketing fundamentals and research. (Required)
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written), special event coordination, and management experience along with the ability to multitask. (Required)
- Must have the flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evenings. (Required)
- Strong team player. (Required)
- Shopping center experience. (Preferred, but not required.)
Physical work requirements and work conditions
- Event set-up/tear down; walking the mall and parking lot, sign installation as needed; weekend and evening hours as required by property needs.
JLL is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination. If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com or call: 866-580-7421.
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together, and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being, and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!