Allied Mechanical Services (AMS) is seeking a highly motivated professional to continuously develop, enhance, and implement front-line safety training, workplace safety procedures, and compliance across the company. The successful candidate must understand the challenging nature of the industry and be able to manage and communicate clearly with a team that represents the different personality traits of this unique workforce.
Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Continuously scrutinize all operations for MIOSHA and OSHA compliance including reviewing and modifying existing policies and procedures.
- Advise and lead employees on various safety-related topics, including traveling to job sites to perform safety audits.
- Prepare, lead, and monitor safety training including:
- AMS safety training program
- Hands-on training
- Organizing general contractor/owner safety training for required employees
- Coordinate with safety representatives from customers such as owners, general contractors, or construction managers.
- Ensure employee records for all training, certificates of completion, licensing, and skills testing are properly managed and stored.
- Organize and lead the AMS safety committee
- Acts as a resource to staff and employees as the organization’s Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) expert.
- Investigate incidents, perform root cause analysis, and properly document each occurrence.
- Draft and implement Risk Control Assessment (RCA) annually for insurance captive.
- Manage procurement, inventory, and distribution of standard, or unique-project-related Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and safety equipment.
- Reports directly to the company president
- Works with a variety of personnel including:
- Human resources
- Field personnel
- 5+ years of experience in pipefitting or sheet metal trades
- OSHA 30 certification or willing to gain certification within a predetermined time.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and/or compliance officers is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Provides efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers.
- Effectively present information.
- Coordinate response to sensitive issues.
- Strong reasoning skills to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex situations.
- Solve complex, multi-operational problems
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- 10+ years of experience in pipefitting or sheet metal trades or 5+ years of experience in safety supervision.
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) preferred or degree in related safety discipline.
- Medical & dental insurance
- Vision insurance (voluntary)
- Basic life insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) Retirement and Profit-Sharing plan (includes company match)
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
About the Company:
Family-owned for over 30 years. We employ over 200 people as a mechanical contractor serving the West Michigan area. Our areas of expertise include HVAC and process piping, HVAC sheet metal, custom metal, design/assist, design/build, 24/7 service, welding and pre-fabrication. We work in the industrial, healthcare, higher education, municipal and commercial markets.