Title: Administrative Assistant Senior
Posting Number: 0606104
Department: Office Of The President
Job Type: Full Time, Regular
Pay Type: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package.
Major Duties General summary:
– This position is responsible for coordination of the supervisor’s activities and calendar, as well as executive administrative functions of the department.
– Oversees day-to-day operations of the Office of the President and implements strategic plans for the department in coordination with the supervisor.
– Directs and administers programs, projects, and processes.
– Provides lead budgetary support for the department. Prepares and analyzes budget reports, monitors, tracks, reconciles, forecasts, and recommends budget allocations.
– Performs executive administrative tasks for the department including legal agreements, service contracts, and billing.
– Serves as liaison within and outside of the University regarding operations, facilities, personnel, purchasing, etc.
– Initiates correspondence and coordinates events for the department.
– Develops departmental policies and procedures. Interprets policies and procedures for various customers and responds independently to inquiries.
– Conducts analyses. Coordinates the collection and preparation of various reports and records.
– Maintains the content of the department’s website.
– May supervise staff and student employees and provide guidance and direction if needed.
– Post high school training or education.
– Five years’ relevant experience.
– Advanced office software skills, including word processing and spreadsheets.
– Proficiency with using and querying databases.
– Experience monitoring and reconciling budgets.
– Experience providing guidance to students or other employees.
– Strong organizational awareness of WMU.
– Success in building productive relationships with senior administrators, key business leaders, students, faculty, staff, institutional boards, volunteers or donors?
– Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
– Notary Public of Michigan or willingness to be appointed and serve.
Required Applicant Documents:
Cover Letter highlighting your qualifications
List of References
Other Special Instructions to Applicants:
– Internal applicants should use the Job Opportunity Transfer Application.
– External applicants should use the Staff Employment Application.
Additional Position Information:
– This position provides diversified and confidential administrative support to the President, staff in the Office of the President, and Board of Trustees requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill, and knowledge of organizational policies and practices.
– This position may provide project based administrative support to the Office of General Counsel, Office of the Ombuds, or other units reporting to the President.
– This position requires an in-person presence.
– Because of special requirements for this position, the hiring agent has requested and received approval for a simultaneous internal and external search for qualified candidates. Applications for transfer will be evaluated with external applications.
– Western Michigan University offers generous benefits to its employees including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement, and tuition discount for the employee and tuition remission for eligible dependents. To access information about the specific benefits available for this position, GO TO: https://www.wmich.edu/hr/enrollment-staff
– Staff Compensation System pay grades and rates are available using the URL below:
How to Apply
To apply, please visit this website to create an application for this position.