Explore advanced Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques to grow process improvement skills and become a Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt. Through Western Michigan University’s Center for Integrated Supply Management Lean Six Sigma Certification Program, attendees will discover how to minimize waste, streamline processes, and increase efficiency by mastering essential and advanced Lean Six Sigma tools and methods.
Start Date: Friday, August 20, 2021
Program Fee: $3,250
Participants will learn the nuances of continuous improvement (CI) through Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methodology as it applies to transactional and non-transaction areas. They will be able to apply LSS methodology and tools to everyday work. They will be able to apply the systems and techniques to manage work projects, programs and initiatives. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain and apply the fundamental principles of continuous improvement via Lean Six Sigma.
- Apply DMAIC/DMADV/IDDOV/PDCA/JDI project management methodology to initiatives and everyday work.
- Implement measurement and analysis techniques to understand the root causes of failures, waste, and increased cost drivers. Develop systems to work on in order to enable team members to work in them.
- Construct and interpret designed experiments to increase revenue and market share.
WMU will host eight, one-hour Webex training sessions for participants. Session times are subject to change. Instructors use an open interaction format coupled with individual and group project assignments. Class members will use the tools from the session to manage their organization and related staff members as they build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Understand the history and philosophy of continuous improvement utilizing LSS methodology and tools.
- Learn the system structure, tools, and techniques of LSS project management.
- Connect with “kindred spirit” professionals through classroom activities and coursework.
- Explore relevant case study examples.
- One-on-one coaching support for participants before and after the course.
Participants will be required to:
- Attend Webex sessions.
- Participate in open, honest discussion.
- Work with team members on assignments in and out of class.
- Complete individual assignments from class.
- Participate in case studies.
- Pass the exam at the end of the session.
The instructors will provide templates and electronic files, along with content videos for viewing.
Each participant should have access to a laptop with Webex, Excel, Word and PowerPoint installed.
- Customized coaching and training for work teams are available for an additional charge. Earn WMU Center for Integrated Supply Management Certification as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt based on class participation, coursework, and testing.
- An external case is not required; case studies will be provided in class. Prerequisites: A fundamental business or management and problem-solving working knowledge is recommended, in addition to a fundamental working knowledge of statistics.