Whether you’re hosting or visiting in Kalamazoo this Thanksgiving, we know one thing is certain, at some point Wednesday evening you will want to get away from your relatives. Instead of hiding in your damp Michigan basement or beneath the pile of laundry, head downtown for the evening and have some fun. We have you covered with the 10 places to regain your sanity before the festivities begin. So, kiss grandma on the cheek, hand grandpa the TV remote, tell Uncle Al where the good beer is hidden, and then sneak out the backdoor to meet up with your fellow back home ballers at one of these hot spots:
- Seasonal treats and 25 percent off wine, that’s our kind of bar night! Open until 11:00 p.m., support local farmers, artisans, and growers while enjoying an evening at 600 Kitchen and Bar.
- This may be insider trading, but we’re just too excited not to share! Wednesday night you should invest your time at the Beer Exchange. The beer markets open at 6:00 p.m. and our analyst told us there may be more market crashes than usual.
- Embrace the spirit of giving while drinking local, award-winning craft beer! Bell’s Eccentric Café is collecting non-perishable food items for Loaves and Fishes during its Locals on Draught concert, featuring Lucius Fox with Ghost Bunnies and Kaitlin Rose.
- Are you ready for meow-velous deals? Check out Hop Cat for happy hour specials including $1.50 off draft beers, $5 off of burgers, half off appetizers, and $3 wine, Titos, and Jameson. We’re not kitten ya!
- Pull out the neon and crimp your hair, Old Dog Tavern is rewinding it back to the 80s and 90s with a video dance party. Even better, Hamms are $2!
- Fill your belly before the biggest bar night of the year at Latitude 42! Accepting dinner reservations from groups of six or more, your party can enjoy seasonal refreshments including 2016 Barley Wine and Bontzilla.
- We’re not playing around with this one: If you’re a local college student sticking around or one returning for the holiday, you’re in luck! LFG Gaming Bar is hosting college night on Wednesday. For $10, you will get an appetizer or sandwich and a cocktail or mocktail.
- Warm up those vocals chords and study your favorite holiday tunes. Shakespeare’s Pub is hosting extreme karaoke! The line will be long, and you’re guaranteed to see everyone who went to your high school, but, hey, you can’t beat that delicious popcorn and live entertainment!
- Serving until 1:58 am and featuring surprise drink specials, Rugger’s Up and Under has all the koalafications for the last stop of your night.
- Fear not! You don’t need to sneak out after dinner tomorrow to celebrate pitcher night at Waldo’s, because this week, it’s on Wednesday instead! Long Island Iced Tea. Whiskey and coke. Vodka and soda. Whatever your fancy, they’ve got it in the pitcher.
It’s almost Thanksgiving…let the gourd times roll!